Saturday, March 8, 2014

Spring is Here!

Hello from sunny, warm Madrid. Spring is in the air, and I hope it is here to stay. It has been in the upper 60's with no cloud in sight since about Wednesday, and will continue like this until late next week. Yesterday Nacho and I had a wonderfully delicious picnic lunch down at the river. It's amazing how a little warmth and sunlight (and also some smoked salmon) can change your perspective, fill you with energy and remind you of life's important things.



Morning, neighbors!





This weather has got me thinking about what spring/summer life will be like in Madrid! The city has more energy these days. Terraces are full of people young and old, sipping on cold beer or tinto de verano, soaking up some sun. The streets are filled with crowds, jackets in hand, and summer clothes are making their first appearances. And oh how I love keeping my apartment windows open!


More importantly, it is running weather again! I have been cooped up in the gym and am itching to start my long, outdoor runs. The ones that turn into a meditative session, the ones which cleanse me, mind and body. Got me thinking about maybe another half marathon?? Hmm..

Thinking of family and loved ones back home, still enduring the cold polar vortex. I am sending warm energy your way, and reminding you that though it may not seem so, spring is just around the corner! XOXO

My one shot from our picnic.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment